TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Date written 12/16/2015
This agreement was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version supersedes any other version.
Terms and Conditions of the culture (TCC):
Effective Date: This Agreement was last revised on 12/16/2015
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. THIS AGREEMENT SETS FORTH THE LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR USE OF THE PARLEE SERVICES AND INCLUDES GRANTS OF RIGHTS TO US, LIMITATIONS ON OUR LIABILITY AND, FOR CERTAIN USERS, AN AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES. YOU SHOULD PRINT A COPY OF THESE TERMS OR SAVE THEM ON YOUR DEVICE IN THE EVENT THAT YOU NEED TO REFER TO THEM IN THE FUTURE.
By accessing and/or using any of the The Parlee Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement (or if applicable, the Other Terms), whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse the The Parlee Services, including, without limitation, through a mobile or other wireless Device, or otherwise use the The Parlee Services without being registered) or you are a “Member” (which means that you have registered with The Parlee). The term “User” refers to a Visitor or a Member
The Parlee Services are operated by The Parlee LLC, a company with a mailing address at PO Box 1079 Haymarket, Va. 20168. The Parlee LLC, an interactive social news media company.
The Parlee LLC (“Parlee “, “we”, “our” or “us”) operates The Parlee®, a place where people come to learn, build, inspire, discover, and grow. The Parlee is a location of intellectual exchange within a cultural intellectual honesty and a pursuit of objectivity and honesty. The Platform has been built to engage, infuse and empower every participating member. By allowing members to “Parlee” in an open and honest format, within the culture and ethos of The Parlee we believe all the problems afflicting man can be found within individual and collective genius. The key to this and The Parlee is sustaining “objective discussion between qualified individuals without talking points, rhetoric or intellectual dishonesty.” We cannot emphasize the importance of the culture enough, the culture of objectivity, honesty, facts, proof and evidence. Again, culture, culture, culture. While the outward display of a “Parlee” comes across as an “informal conference with an enemy under terms” there is NO REQUIREMENT to agree but the culture requires one to be agreeable.
Because The Parlee provides a wide range of services and products which are constantly under development and deployment, we may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your interaction with a specific app, product, service or agreement and confirmation of understanding in our culture. To the extent those supplemental terms conflict with this TCC, the supplemental terms associated with the app, product, or service govern with respect to your use of such app, product or service to the extent of the conflict.
Most important rules to follow: Do not Violate the culture
Violations of Culture, The Parlee further underlined
1. Refusal to accept the Possibility that you could be wrong.
2. Deliberately lying or providing false information during a “Parlee.”
3. Intellectual Dishonesty.
4. Extensive rhetoric.
Your privacy is very important to us. Our culture is built around open exchange of ideas, concepts, information and to a degree, a bit of oneself. The Parlee is primarily interested in your intellectual contributions while it is nice to have a general idea of the person one converses with, very little information is mandatory to be provided for privacy reasons. Currently (as of 12/16/2015) all pages are opened to other members, that may change in time but currently it is an aspect of the culture. We encourage the free expression of honest and substantive concepts, defendable positions and informed positions.
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on The Parlee. However and additional considerations:
1. Participation in “Parlee’s” within the PDS (Parlee Discussion System) creates substantive intellectual content which grants us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with The Parlee (IP License). These “Parlee’s” are generally archived after 48 hours and may or may not be viewable but remain within the control and authority of The Parlee.
2. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with The Parlee (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
3. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
4. When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy and our agreements. When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of The Parlee, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
5. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about The Parlee, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep The Parlee safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep The Parlee, which includes the following commitments by you:
1. You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on The Parlee.
2. You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access The Parlee, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Facebook.
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
6. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
7. YOU WILL prompt and promote substantiating positions from fellow members.
8. You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
9. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
10. You will not use The Parlee to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
11. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of The Parlee, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other The Parlee functionality.
12. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
13. Member Disputes We are not responsible for your disputes with other members, but may elect to become involved. Maintain the culture of The Parlee and these disputes are welcomed and wanted, they then become disagreements and not disputes.
4. Registration and Account Security
The Parlee users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on The Parlee, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal account.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a The Parlee Page for such purposes.
5. You will not use The Parlee if you are under 13.
6. You will not use The Parlee if you are a convicted sex offender.
7. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
8. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
10. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
5. Protecting Other Member’s Rights
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on The Parlee that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law; or anything that runs counter to the culture created within The Parlee.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on The Parlee if we believe that it violates this Statement, our policies or runs contrary to the culture of The Parlee.
3. If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we invite you to “Parlee” with us, first in a written letter form, later by phone, email or in person if we deem it appropriate.
4. If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, or act contrary to our culture we will disable your account when appropriate.
5. You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted via appropriate Fair Use law or with our prior written permission.
7. You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on The Parlee.
8. You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent
6. Mobile and Other Devices
1. As we plan to provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
2. You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on The Parlee.
If you make a payment on The Parlee, you agree to the terms stated by it unless it is stated that other terms apply.
8. Special Provisions Applicable to Developers/Operators of Applications and Websites
If you are a developer or operator of a Platform application or website or if you use Social Plugins, you must not engage in any activity which will detract from the functionality, use or capabilities of The Parlee.
9. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by The Parlee
Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
1. You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your non-specific demographics (name and picture are not in use at this time) your content, information, “Parlee” developed content without any compensation to you.
2. We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent; with the exception of “Parlee” developed content without any compensation to you.
3. You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
10. Special Provisions Applicable to Pages
If you create or administer a Page on The Parlee, or run a promotion or an offer from your Page, you will not participate in a “Parlee” as a part of that commercial business without permission from The Parlee LLC.
11. Special Provisions Applicable to Software
1. You will not copy our software or otherwise attempt to emulate its functionality.
2. You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
1. We may notify you before we make changes to the culture of The Parlee or the terms of membership and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
2. If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on a linked page we decide on.
3. Your continued use of The Parlee Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
The biggest violation is against the culture created by The Parlee but additionally,if you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of The Parlee to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but “Parlee” specific content will remain and remain within the usage of The Parlee LLC.
1. If you find something inconsistent with the culture write us a letter, communicate and “Parlee.”
2. The Parlee, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on The Parlee and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on The Parlee. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on The Parlee. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of The Parlee.
3. WE TRY TO KEEP THE PARLEE UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING THE PARLEE AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE PARLEE WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE PARLEE WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. THE PARLEE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IN ANY CASE, THE PARLEE’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
15. Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
We strive to create a global culture with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with The Parlee outside the United States:
1. You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
2. If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on The Parlee (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You will not use The Parlee if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States.
1. By ” The Parlee ” or” The Parlee Services” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.theparlee.com and any other The Parlee branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, related/similar content but owned versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) a “Parlee” usually referring to partaking in the Parlee Discussion System (PDS) (d) other media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed. The Parlee reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not this TCC.
2. By “Platform” we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from The Parlee or provide data to us. Most commonly this will refer to the thoughts, ideas and discussions which arise during a “Parlee” within the PDS.
3. By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with The Parlee.
4. By “content” we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using The Parlee Services.
5. By “data” or “user data” or “user’s data” we mean any data, including a user’s content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from The Parlee or provide to The Parlee through Platform.
6. By “post” we mean post on The Parlee or otherwise make available by using The Parlee.
7. By “use” we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
8. By “application” we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
9. By “Trademarks” we mean The Parlee name, PDS software, The Parlee unique slogans and images or anything else developed by The Parlee which may be commercially viable.
1. This Statement is an agreement between you and The Parlee, Inc.
2. This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding The Parlee, and supersedes other agreements.
3. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
4. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
5. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
6. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
7. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
8. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
9. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
10. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
11. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing The Parlee.
Supplemental rules and underlined considerations.
1. Follow the rules and participate in the culture.
2. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to, Content that, in the sole discretion of The Parlee:
3. Is patently offensive or promotes or otherwise incites racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; there is intellectual grounds for uses of some elements of this in The Parlee but be cautious.
4. Harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
5. Exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
6. Contains inappropriate nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or links to an adult website;
7. Solicits or is designed to solicit personal information from anyone under age 18;
8. Solicits or is designed to solicit an inappropriate or unlawful relationship with another User;
9. Publicly posts information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person (including, for example, by publicly posting any person’s contact information on the The Parlee without authorization);
10. Constitutes or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music, video or links to pirated music or video files;
11. Involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, or “spamming”;
12. Contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
13. Furthers ,promotes or depicts any illegal or criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
14. Depicts firearms or other weapons that is not related to sportsman activities;
15. Solicits or is designed to solicit passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
16. Includes a photograph or video of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent;
17. Uses sexually suggestive imagery or any unfair, misleading or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the profile; or
18. Violates or attempts to violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
Thank You and Lets Parlee!